You can purchase plastic packaging “off the rack” through our extensive inventory of molds. Often a customer has a specific product to be packaged that requires a new mold, or a re-design of an existing mold. (Mold is referred to as a “die” or a tool.) We encourage our customers to look for ways to use less plastic to accomplish their goals – reducing the price you pay, and the price we all pay in our environment.
Some questions to help determine the plastic packaging best suited to your needs:
- Do you have a sample of the product? (Required)
- What type of packaging are you considering?
- Do you need a blister pack, a clamshell, a tray, a dome, etc?
- Do you need the packaging to fit tight around your product?
- Will you be using an automatic feeding or filing machine?
- Will you be stacking for shipping or display? If so, how many in a stack?
- What is the weight of the product inside the packaging?
- Do you require airtight packaging?
- Will you use your logo on the packaging?
- Does your product require security measures such as anti-tampering?
- How will you display your product? Will it hang, sit on a counter, or lay flat?
- Are you sealing the package and if so, with what?
- Will the package be stored in the freezer or at high temperatures?
- What type of plastic do you require?
Steps involved for Custom Orders:
- We ask you a raft of questions!
- You figure out the answers.
- We develop a drawing to see if it fits with your design intentions.
- Once approved, we will provide you with a design for the sample mold
- Once approved, we will create a sample mold and make a mold
- You decide if the idea is right, and if so, we create the mold for production.
- You then have another opportunity for quality assurance approval. This must be perfect!
- Once approved, we go into production.
- We deliver a great product to your door.